Monday, March 24, 2014

Slut Walk revisited

When I saw this article about women who do not cover-up in Jordan risking being called "sluts" - I wondered if Medea Benjamin of Code Pink would be on the next flight to help organize the "2014 Slut Walk - Amman".   Gee - I hope so.

But it reminded me that apparently Slut Walks will be soon occurring across the country/globe - so I wanted to revisit since I saw this video back in Feb with National Organization for Women member, Tammy Bruce.

Here is one of the first video's that include Toronto lesbian feminist Heather Jarvis - who organized the first Slut Walk in Toronto to protest a cop's advice "to not dress like a slut" to avoid being the victim of rape.



And here is a basic explanation by a young women in London (UK?)



And finally here is Sandman's take on the phenomenon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Apture