Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Suicide Awareness Day - Sept 10

I am a bit annoyed at Dakota Fanning for being part of the most recent Anti-Cancer Campaign "Stand Up2Cancer" that I have been seeing -  even though it pays homage to men by recognizing that we are MORE affected than women by this awful disease.  The main reason for my distemper is that Sept 10 has been Suicide Awareness Day and 80% of suicides are men and boys.

In Edmonton the memorial event will take place at City Hall with a gathering at 11am before the walk at 1130am. There will be a service in the Square at 12ish and then a reception/speeches at 1pm in City Hall Atrium. Here are more details.

I found this site provides a unique viewpoint on the differences of how men grieve (but I'm not sure I agree with everything).    He also created this website and produced this YouTube video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apture